In addition to providing quality apprenticeship training, the JATC is also committed to developing and providing skills upgrade training to keep the Journeyman-level workforce as current and up-to-date as possible in the newest technologies. The JATC works directly with equipment manufacturers and technology developers of a variety of tools, equipment and supplies, searching for the most up-to-date information available. Once a new training need has been identified, the JATC designs an appropriate training course, trains their instructors and offers this training to their membership.
Some examples of courses available:
• OSHA 30 hour Safety Course
• NFPA 70E (Electrical Safety in the Workplace)
• MSHA (Mine Safety Course)
• PALM/BUILT RITE (Process Safety Management)
• NECA Project Supervision Training
• AMP Fiber-optic and Copper Connectorization Certification
• First AID/CPR
• Motor Control
• National Electrical Code Training Seminars/Updates
• Journeyman/Master Electrician Exam Prep Class
• Solar Photovoltaic Training
All these courses are offered for little or no costs to our members. The classes are held at our training facility at 20 Morgan Drive, Reading, Pa. Class dates and times are posted throughout the year. A current list of upcoming classes can be found in the Training Calendar.
With the ever changing technology in the electrical industry, we feel we supply the best trained workforce to our contractors and in turn to the customers that they service.